- Rent is due on the first of the month. Late charges are assessed if it is received after the fifth of the month ($5.00/day) You may mail your check to P.O. Box 3097, Carbondale, IL 62902. You may drop off your rent at the office, 805 E. Park Street, Carbondale, IL 62901. The office is open from 9am-12pm & 1pm-5pm. You may also drop your check in the night deposit box under the front office window.
- You may also pay by Mastercard or Visa at the office or by phone at (618) 549-0335. If you wish us to debit your credit/debit card every month, you can print the credit authorization form and mail it in or drop it off at the office.
2. Renter’s Insurance
- The insurance carried on the building covers only our buildings, not your personal belongings. We strongly recommend you get renter’s insurance for your personal belongings.
3. Parking Permits
- We require parking permits at 805 & 905 E. Park St., 604 S. University, 404 & 406 W. Mill and 403 W. Freeman St. Stickers must be picked up at the office. You will be notified when to pick your sticker up. There is a parking information sheet in your welcome bag you should probably fill out. You will be instructed where to place the sticker as well as where visitors should park. We tow 24 hours a day.
- Parking for visitors is as follows: Mill & Freeman St. visitors may park at the bottom of the hill in the first few spots where the sign is posted. Visitor parking hours are from 5pm – 8am everyday, weekends are not an exception. Park St. visitors may park in the rear of Parkview. If you park on the pavement and are towed, it is your responsibility to handle getting your car out of the tow yard. If vehicle or a friend’s vehicle has been towed please call (618) 549-7222.
- We do accept small pets under 35 pounds at certain locations. Please note: there will be a $100/mos. fee assessed for dogs and $50/mos. fee for cats to your monthly bill.
5. Hanging Pictures
- First, if you must hang pictures, use the smallest hardware possible. DO NOT TAPE THINGS TO THE WALL! When the tape is removed, it frequently removes paint and tears the drywall. Repairing drywall can be quite pricey.
6. Satellite Dishes NOT ALLOWED!
Lessee covenants and agrees to comply with the following rules and regulations:
(1) To keep no animals or pets upon the premises;
(2) To keep the premises in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition, free of garbage and rubbish and to surrender possession thereof in a clean and sanitary condition, free of garbage and rubbish upon the termination or expiration of this tease;
(3) Lessee shall not leave personal articles outside of the apartment for periods in excess of 12 hours with the exception of barbeque grills;
(4) To report to the lessor any defects in the structure, equipment or fixtures of said premises. Lessee shall be responsible for any damage caused by lessee’s failure to promptly notify lessor of any defect or problems;
(5) To refrain from the storage of any inoperable vehicle;
(6) To refrain from washing vehicles;
(7) To refrain from performing any major repairs of motor vehicles at any time;
(8) To keep the supplied basic facilities, including plumbing fixtures, cooking and refrigeration equipment and electrical fixtures in the teased premises in a clean and sanitary condition and be responsible for the exercise of reasonable care in their proper use and operation;
(9) Lessee shall not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of the premises or knowingly permit any person to do so;
(10) The lessee shall not paint, drive nails or use stick on tabs for hanging pictures; pictures can only be hung with hardware approved by lessor;
(11) Lessee shall conduct himself or herself and require other persons on the premises with his or her consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not affect or disturb his neighbors peaceful enjoyment of the premises or any other area surrounding or adjacent to the premises;
(12) Lessee shall abide by all of the rules and regulations concerning the use, occupation and maintenance of the premises and shall not allow any overnight guests who have not executed this lease without lessor’s prior written consent;
(13) Lessee shall abide by any reasonable rules for guest parking which are clearly stated;
(14) Not to store any materials upon the premises which would create or constitute a fire hazard;
(15) Not to assign or sublet the premises, this lease without the prior written consent of the lessor;
(16) Display parking sticker on lessee’s motor vehicle, abide by any rules for guest parking, and park all vehicles on the pavement, not on grass;
(17) To wrap all garbage and dispose thereof in sanitary plastic bags put into refuse containers, including all glass, paper and cans, and to put large cardboard boxes at the side of the refuse containers;
(18) Not to show, display or erect any sign of a commercial or professional nature whatsoever in or along the premises;
(19) Not to drive any stake, rod, pipe or other device into the ground or dig upon the premises without obtaining the prior written consent of lessor;
(20) Not to dispose of any tampons, sanitary napkins, or disposable diapers or any other items of this nature into the sewer system upon the premises;
(21) Not to take a bicycle or motorcycle inside the premises;
(22) Parties, loud gatherings, fraternity or sorority activities, or keg parties are not allowed under any circumstances inside or outside the premises;
(23) Not cultivate areas for purpose of gardening or planting flowers or shrubs. Plantings shall be permitted in portable planters;
(24) Lessee shall not use any type of heating means or system other than that provided by lessor;
(25) No waterbeds are permitted without the express written consent of lessor;
(26) Not to operate any motor- vehicle within the court in excess of 10 miles per hour;
(27) Lessee agrees not to consume or permit the consumption of alcoholic beverages outside the rental unit; or to offer for sale alcoholic beverages or illegal substances on said premises.